Girlguiding West Oxford District
Girlguiding is the leading charity for girls and young women in the UK. By volunteering with us, you can help us create amazing opportunities for girls in your local area. Guiding happens thanks to ...
Gemeinschaft und FamilieKinder und JugendlicheBildung
Über Girlguiding West Oxford DistrictGirlguiding is the leading charity for girls and young women in the UK. By volunteering with us, you can help us create amazing opportunities for girls in your local area. Guiding happens thanks to more than 100,000 amazing volunteers – men and women like you who give their time to ensure that Guiding can happen all over the UK, and beyond. For more information please visit www.girlguiding.org.uk
What makes guiding special?
- We are for all girls and young women, whatever their background and circumstances. We offer them fun, exciting activities and the chance to make life-long friends.
- We give girls a space where they can really be themselves with other girls and share the experience of growing up as a girl in today’s world. We know from our research that being girl-only is one of the things our young members value most about guiding.
- We give girls a voice and the confidence, skills and information to make informed decisions. We show girls how they can speak out and take positive action to improve their lives and the lives of others.
Girlguiding welcomes volunteers of all backgrounds, ages, cultures, faiths and abilities. We are flexible and volunteering can be arranged to fit around a busy lifestyle. You can volunteer to help out with:
- Rainbows aged 5 to 7 years old
- Brownies aged 7 to 10 years old
- Guides aged 10 to 14 years old
- Senior Section aged 14 to 26 years old
Every hour counts
Our incredible volunteers contribute more than ten million hours to guiding every year. Some give us a couple of hours here and there – helping out with driving for trips and holidays, fundraising and events planning, or even doing the annual accounts for local groups. Others give their time as Leaders or Assistant Leaders for units, providing girls and young women with a space where they can be themselves. Whatever your skills and interests, and no matter how much time you have to spare, one of our volunteering roles is bound to suit you.
We support you
In return, we offer everyone support, specialised training and the opportunity to develop new skills, meet new people and have fun. Being a volunteer with Girlguiding also gives you access to a great range of benefits – like free training and resources, as well as a fabulous members’ scheme offering you discounts on high street brands.